Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekly Blog #8



Though today isn’t my last day of teaching it will be my last post, due to the deadline of tomorrow at noon. Today was a very slow day, and is going to be a very slow week because most of the seniors in the classes that I am observing are not coming back since graduation was this last Saturday. There are a few remaining students in each class, just to finish up some work on their final assignments and such. My teacher actually took on an 11th grade psychology class for the rest of the week for a colleague that started their summer break early. It was a very relaxed class that didn’t have a whole lot of content this late in the year, but I was able to be a part of some really good discussions about what they had been learning. I haven’t encountered my highlight for the week but am positive it is yet to come because on Wednesday my teacher is having me actually grade and input the student’s final scores for their finals into his electronic grade book. That is actually very exciting for me because I will get to see how the students performed, but the big thing for me is that I actually get to see how a teacher’s grade book looks. I haven’t had the opportunity to input any of the scores for papers that I have corrected yet and correcting papers is something that I have had a lot of throughout the last 2 quarters of student teaching, so I am really looking forward to that! Another highlight this week is that I am going to be able to see how the last day of school looks from a teacher’s perspective this Friday. That is also very exciting and I am looking forward to it as well. The big thing that was a bit of a downer for me today was getting out of the parking lot. This school is a lot bigger than the middle school I was at, and even after waiting a good fifteen minutes after final bell, it was a nightmare. It seems that a lot of the kids have been staying after school the past couple of days to get in all of their year book signatures and end of the year photos with everyone. Speaking of yearbooks, it actually brought back some really good memories from my last couple high school years and friends. It is just so exciting to finally be in a school and be able to watch the rewards of so many teachers’ efforts throughout the years finally paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment